Re: [Tails-dev] Please review (and merge?) feature/better_po…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review (and merge?) feature/better_power_off_button
hi,

anonym wrote (28 Nov 2012 15:42:23 GMT) :

>>> Probably, but I don't know. I cannot find a way to reproduce it reliably
>>> by playing with `date -s`, neither with gnome-screensaver or without it
>>> (Xorg's dpms or console screen blanking).
>>
>> Ah. Do you mean you can't reproduce it at all, or you can't reproduce
>> it reliably enough to be sure a fix is a real one?

> When I was playing with `date` today I saw it once.

Hmmm. So it does exist, somehow, even if it's hard to reproduce :(
What was the "it" you saw, by the way?
Screen blanked, or gnome-screensaver locking screen?

> It happened for the first `date` command I ran, but not consecutive
> ones. Even rebooting and performing the exact same steps didn't
> reproduce it. Oh, and I did this with no network plugged so
> tordate/htpdate wouldn't interfere. So, yeah, more like "can't
> reproduce it at all". It's very confusing.

I see. My virtualization setup is "not capable of DPMS", according to
"xset q", so I'll try to reproduce this on bare metal later.

My fear is that while in Tails up to 0.15,
todo/deactivate_screensaver_until_time_is_set was a minor annoyement,
it gets seriously worse when it actually locks your screen soon after
the GNOME session startup...