Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/persistent_N…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/persistent_NM_connections [was: tails-persistence-setup releases vs. Tails 0.14]
Hi,

anonym wrote (02 Oct 2012 13:14:58 GMT) :
> 30/09/12 21:01, intrigeri wrote:
>> please, anyone who did the 0.18 release of tails-persistence-setup,
>> push your pristine-tar branch.

> I followed the instructions in
> contribute/release_process/persistence-setup, and that branch wasn't
> modified (i.e. it's still at commit 0bc2057).

Looks like you have pristine-tar disabled in your gbp configuration.
That's probably the default. I've just added "pristine-tar = True" to
debian/gbp.conf in the debian branch, so that won't happen anymore,
regardless of individual's configuration.

> How can I fix this?

I would try re-doing the git-import-orig, with the --no-merge option.
Some steps are likely to fail, because they were run already. Then,
I would reset --hard the upstream and debian branches to their
previous state (the current one, as of when I'm writing), and then
push the pristine-tar branch updated with the missing orig
tarball delta.

> todo/persistence_preset_-_NM_connections has been implemented in
> feature/persistent_NM_connections. IMHO it's now in a good enough
> shape to be shipped in Tails 0.14, but there are some issues (see
> todo page):

Great! I hope it makes it into 0.14.

> If the rest of you agree that all is good now, please review and merge
> this branch into devel so it can be included in Tails 0.14.

Some notes from a (too quick) static review follow.
I'll test that code once it is merged into experimental.

> +            name        => $self->encoding->decode(gettext(q{NetworkManager connections})),
> +            description => $self->encoding->decode(gettext(
> +                q{Network connections}
> +            )),

I'm not sure end-users know what NetworkManager is, and/or want to
learn about its name. I suggest:

  * name = "Network Connections"
    (Which uses title capitalization, like other existing presets.)
  * description = "Configuration of network devices and connections"
    (All credits due to the NM applet About dialog text.)

What do you think?

Also, any thoughts about how we'll handle the migration to dconf when
Tails is based on Wheezy? (Not a blocker, I think, but still.)

To end with, I've pushed a minor doc rephrasing to that branch.