Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/persistent_…

Autor: Ague Mill
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/persistent_NM_connections [was: tails-persistence-setup releases vs. Tails 0.14]
> Since live-persist is the glue that fixes all the quirks we have
> with live-boot's vanilla persistence, this seems like a perfect fit.
> This is done in commits 77c3261 and 4db38e9.

Looks nicer this way.

The function `fix_gconf_dirs` might benefit from some more quoting of
the variables. Maybe filesystem corruption could put a space
somewhere bad...

> * "Connect automatically" checkbox gets unchecked on each boot: IMHO
> this bug is good :). Hence we can ignore this for now and just
> mention it as a known issue (commit 0f7f652).

We have to rule this as either a bug or a feature. In my views, it is a
feature and we just have to state it that way: Tails do not connect
automatically to networks it was previously connected to.

So I'd rather remove the addition to known issues, and document that
behaviour better on `doc/first_steps/persistence/configure`.

No tests done yet, but it looks good so far! :)

--
Ague