Re: [Tails-dev] Improvement of the shutdown sequence

Autor: Ague Mill
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Temas antigos: Re: [Tails-dev] Improvement of the shutdown sequence
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Improvement of the shutdown sequence
Hi!

I spent some more time working on initscripts and the shutdown sequence.

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 06:11:45PM +0200, intrigeri wrote:
> I'm slowly starting to seriously prefer the "patch initscripts' LSB
> headers with chroot_local-patches/" approach. Although less elegant,
> I think it would be more robust and cheap maintenance wise: we would
> be told at (failed) *build* time when something has changed in the
> context of the lines we're patching.

Pretty convincing argument. :)

I'd be happy to get reviews of what is in feature/shutdown_cleanup. It
has been rebased against latest devel and it now uses patches insead of
insserv overrides.

Short log:

    e9c2c4f Prevent memlockd unload on shutdown
    f8b5dff Fix tails-sdmem-on-media-removal initscript header
    93dd8b3 Leave halt and reboot scripts configured

These first three commits should probably be considered as bugfixes.

    ccf5a60 Assert that dependency based boot sequencing is configured
    dd53671 Disable i2p initscript rather than remove it
    32cbde7 Patch initscripts headers instead of fiddling with update-rc.d

These makes `chroot_local-hooks/52-update-rc.d` way nicer and less error
prone.

    fea2ad6 Do not run unecessary scripts during shutdown sequence

This last one allows to win 7-9% of total shutdown time on my test
system (compared to 0.13).

--
Ague