[Tails-dev] Fwd: Re: [tor-assistants] deb.tp.o only serves e…

Autor: anonym
Para: The T(A)ILS public development discussion list
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Fwd: Re: [tor-assistants] deb.tp.o only serves experimental builds
Hi,

As you can see in the forwarded message below, deb.tp.o, which we use in
Tails, now ships Tor 0.2.3.x for all distributions. This has some
consequences for imminent the 0.12.1 release.

Tor 0.2.3.x by default, I believe, uses micro descriptors which renames
the *-consensus and *-descriptor files which our time sync scripts
depend on. I *think* it will mostly be a matter of changing the names in
that script to get it to work with 0.2.3.x, but it seems risky to gamble
like that in a release whose main purpose is to fix some problems with
the previous release.

Therefore I'd like to stick with the (still stable) 0.2.2.x series, but
I'm unsure what our best option for that is. What comes to mind is yet
another config/chroot-local_includes, although that will bloat our git
repo quite significantly (the tor package is 1.2M, and tor-geoipdb is 1.4M).

Thoughts?

Cheers!