Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.12 release plan

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.12 release plan
hi,

anonym wrote (29 May 2012 15:56:28 GMT) :
> * More?

Updating TrueCrypt would be welcome.

New releases of tails-persistence-setup and perhaps liveusb-creator
may be needed.

I'd like to push mat 0.3.2 into Tails 0.12 too, should be
pretty trivial.

Nothing else that I think of right now.

> * feature/unsafe-browser: 35 (docs) + 28 (warning page) = 63 lines.
> * feature/tails-greeter (windows camouflage checkbox): 7 lines.
> * feature/assymetric_gpgApplet: A lot (big changes in user docs, lots
> of strings for new messages inside the application).

Minor process note: in order to avoid useless work to translators, it
could be nice to have the new docs reviewed (e.g. by our preferred doc
writers) before they're pushed to translators.

> * 5th of June: Feature freeze.
> * 10th of June: Deadline for submitting translations.

In the worst case, this means 5 days to review last merged docs, hand
them to translators, and see translations completed. Wow! We know I'm
not against Cadence™, but it seems needed to ask them ASAP if they
have time to schedule a sprint between these two dates. And, even
better, we should try to avoid the worst case, make a sprint less
needed, by making it clear right now to them what docs can already be
reviewed, and what docs have been reviewed / frozen and can be
translated already, so that they can start working ASAP.

Otherwise, all this looks great to me! :)