Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.12 release plan

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.12 release plan
05/30/2012 12:02 AM, intrigeri:
> hi,
>
> anonym wrote (29 May 2012 15:56:28 GMT) :
>> * More?
>
> Updating TrueCrypt would be welcome.

Done in feature/truecrypt-7.1a, merged into experimental.

> New releases of tails-persistence-setup and perhaps liveusb-creator
> may be needed.
>
> I'd like to push mat 0.3.2 into Tails 0.12 too, should be
> pretty trivial.

Should I take this as that you are going to take care of these?

>> * feature/unsafe-browser: 35 (docs) + 28 (warning page) = 63 lines.
>> * feature/tails-greeter (windows camouflage checkbox): 7 lines.
>> * feature/assymetric_gpgApplet: A lot (big changes in user docs, lots
>> of strings for new messages inside the application).
>
> Minor process note: in order to avoid useless work to translators, it
> could be nice to have the new docs reviewed (e.g. by our preferred doc
> writers) before they're pushed to translators.

Absolutely. Please do that, whoever you are :).

>> * 5th of June: Feature freeze.
>> * 10th of June: Deadline for submitting translations.
>
> In the worst case, this means 5 days to review last merged docs, hand
> them to translators, and see translations completed. Wow! We know I'm
> not against Cadence™, but it seems needed to ask them ASAP if they
> have time to schedule a sprint between these two dates. And, even
> better, we should try to avoid the worst case, make a sprint less
> needed, by making it clear right now to them what docs can already be
> reviewed, and what docs have been reviewed / frozen and can be
> translated already, so that they can start working ASAP.

To be honest I haven't paid much attention to how the translations has
integrated into our release plans previously so I don't really know
what's possible and not. Please tell me if you have a more realistic
proposal according to your experience.

If necessary I could push the actual release to the 15th, and so the
deadline for translations to the 13th. What do you think?

Cheers!