Re: [Tails-dev] hiding persistence aufs mounts on the Deskto…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] hiding persistence aufs mounts on the Desktop
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (30 Mar 2012 09:58:19 GMT) :
>> Our only option seems to be the following gconf setting which
>> disables *all* desktop "volume" icons:

>>     /apps/nautilus/desktop/volumes_visible

>> The question is if we want that. It should be noted that this
>> setting doesn't remove the "volumes" from the Places menu.

> I'm in favour of setting this option.

anonym and I agree to consider this as a bugfix,
and make this change in 0.11.

But users will inevitably "Tails does not see my USB stick",
so we need to have something to point them at,
so a minimal doc page (that boils down to "Go to Places")
seems needed.

What do you (and especially doc writers) think?