Re: [Tails-dev] Fwd: headsup: new persistency in live-boot

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Fwd: headsup: new persistency in live-boot
Hi,

anonym wrote (06 Apr 2012 15:37:18 GMT) :
> Now I've tested current devel of Tails built with the new upstream
> live-{boot,config} and there actually seems to be some major breakage:

> * NetworkManager isn't started
> * the amnesia password isn't set when a sudo password is given (it
> remains 'live')
> * probably more.

> I think this is due to the move of the live-boot initscript into
> live-config.

Well, no, *I* did introduce that breakage in devel in commit fca7e0d7.
This probably had nothing to do with the new upstream live-boot and
live-config (I've not checked that these new live-{boot,config} don't
introduce other problems, though).

I've now fixed the mess I had introduced in devel, and pushed an
updated tails-greeter to match those changes too. Sorry for
the confusion.

However, regardless of this good news, I'm still in favour of doing
what we already decided regarding the versions of live-boot and
live-config we'll ship in Tails 0.11.