Re: [Tails-dev] Fwd: headsup: new persistency in live-boot

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Fwd: headsup: new persistency in live-boot
04/06/2012 03:28 PM, anonym:
> 04/06/2012 10:52 AM, intrigeri:
>> hi,
>>
>> anonym wrote (05 Apr 2012 10:02:47 GMT) :
>>> 04/05/2012 10:09 AM, intrigeri:
>>
>>> At the moment live-config isn't up to date with some changes in
>>> live-boot. It'll be fixed in live-config 3.0~a36-1 (dba will upload
>>> it later today).

Now I've tested current devel of Tails built with the new upstream
live-{boot,config} and there actually seems to be some major breakage:

* NetworkManager isn't started
* the amnesia password isn't set when a sudo password is given (it
remains 'live')
* probably more.

I think this is due to the move of the live-boot initscript into
live-config.

It seems we're much better off shipping the custom built live-boot
snapshot that we currently use, modified to use the new name of
live.persist (and other string changes related to that file, if any) in
combination with a known compatible live-config (e.g. 3.0~a35-1) for
Tails 0.11. We deal with proper upstream integration after that.

What do you think?

Cheers!