[Tails-l10n] Please review doc/experimental

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, Tails localization discussion
Subject: [Tails-l10n] Please review doc/experimental
I already pushed to the doc/experimental branch a first batch of docs
for the upcoming release.

While writing those new pages, I tried to apply the GNOME Documentation
Style Guide [1]. It's an interesting document. I think it can help us in
the documentation work for Tails, help us in the review process, and
give us a basis to make our collective work more consistent.

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/gdp-style-guide/2.32/gdp-style-guide.html

So, please review the following pages:

- doc/first_steps/usb_installer

This does only document the "Clone & Install" option so far. How
important do you think it is to document the other options in time for
Tails 0.11?

- doc/first_steps/manual_usb_installation

- doc/first_steps/resetting_a_usb_stick

- doc/first_steps/resetting_a_usb_stick/linux

- doc/first_steps/resetting_a_usb_stick/windows

The instructions on this page also needs to be tested! For the ones of
you who have access to Windows machines.

- doc/first_steps/startup_options

- doc/first_steps/startup_options/administration_password

- doc/first_steps/persistence

- doc/first_steps/persistence/warnings

- doc/first_steps/persistence/configure

- doc/first_steps/persistence/use

- doc/first_steps/persistence/delete

For those of you who might not be comfortable with git, you can browse
the tree from this gitweb:

http://git.immerda.ch/?p=amnesia.git;a=tree;f=wiki/src/doc/first_steps;h=f9f5d2eb17b4ded0f2d5bfbeca1812bdb0a7fbd4;hb=refs/heads/doc/experimental

While writing the doc on the persistent storage I also felt the need to
maybe work in better collaboration with the people writing the GUI. It
would be good to make more consistent the terminology and style between
our custom GUI and our documentation. But I'm not sure whether the
timeline still also us to do so now that we passed the deep freeze.

If you look at the roadmap I sent two weeks ago, there are still pages
that need to be written but I want to send you this first batch to start
the review process in parallel.

--
sajolida