Re: [Tails-l10n] documentation review and translation for Ta…

Author: matsa
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] documentation review and translation for Tails 0.11
Le Wed, 21 Mar 2012 19:42:37 +0100,
sajolida <sajolida@???> a écrit :

> Hi everybody,
>
> You might know that we are actively working on preparing the upcoming
> Tails 0.11. It will include tons of exciting, and long expected
> features:
> - a graphical startup interface for changing many options
> - a graphical installer for USB sticks
> - a tool to setup a persistent storage on the extra space of the stick
>
> Our plan is to have all those features documented in time for the
> release, and have them shipped in the ISO, and linked from the release
> notes.
>
> You can check out a first draft of the documentation work in the
> corresponding thread on [Tails-dev]:
>
> https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2012-March/000974.html
>
> I also wanted to coordinate with you, translators, and see if we can
> have all this translated in time for the release as well! And since
> you might be some of the first people to read it, it would be great
> also to have you participate in the review work before the release.
>
> The proposed timeline for this release was:
>
> - 2012-03-20: big features freeze
> - 2012-04-01: deep freeze and first release candidate
> - 2012-04-20: Tails 0.11 final
>
> This means that the big part of the documentation work should take
> place between now and the first week of April. Then we will still
> have two weeks more to review and translate. I will try to work
> successively on three blocks: Tails installer, Tails greeter and
> persistence, and send you updates on a regular basis. I hope you will
> be able to book some working time for that during this period.
>
> The documentation work before release will take place in a dedicated
> branch. Those of you who are comfortable using git can have direct
> access to it. The other ones can still have read-only access using the
> gitweb interface on http://git.immerda.ch/?p=amnesia.git. I'll tell
> you more about where to look for once the first bits are published.

sajolida,

For my part, I can't test the release candidate, so it will limit my
ability to review and translate the documentation corresponding to
those new features.

This said, I saved some hours for the 0.11 documentation, so just point
out where to look, which are the priorities, and how to submit
modifications to make your work as easy as possible, and I will do my
best.

Greetings,
matsa