[Tails-dev] langpanel improvement [was: tails-greeter Git re…

Autor: alan
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] langpanel improvement [was: tails-greeter Git repo]

Hi again,

> I finished working on that branch, which is now fully usable, and I merged
> it into master. So we can now go on without being annoyed by buggy an
> undocumented gtkme.

I worked on langpanel to mimic (a bit more) gtk3 2.30 look and feel. It's
mainly:

- the look of the panel (just test!);
- only a selection of languages is now displayed in the menu, which
contains an "Other..." entry that opens a dialog to select among all
available languages.

It works and is better than before, thus merged into master. However,
the code is not as nice as it could be (but that's the whole story of
tails-greeter...).

There are also some known issues (documented in TODO in git):

- the icon used for the languages is "applications-internet" which
displays a globe in default icon theme, but could display something
really irrelevant in an other icon theme;
- the menu has an horrible scroll effect at opening. That's GTK magic
that I don't know how to workaround: when poping up a ComboBox, GTK
places the selected entry under the cursor, thus not displaying the
whole menu where I want it to be;

Similar limited menus and dialog shoud probably be used also for other
menus (locale and layouts). I might do it, but don't promise a timeline.

Cheers,

Alan