Re: [Tails-dev] Localized text consoles

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: intrigeri
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: The Tails public development discussion list
Uudet otsikot: Re: [Tails-dev] Localized text consoles
Aihe: Re: [Tails-dev] Localized text consoles
Max wrote (03 Nov 2011 18:31:14 GMT) :
> It seems like:
> read -p "Press any key to activate console"
> will do the trick. Although we can actually check for user input to match some
> key(word) to avoid accidental logins.

A key*word* would not do. Remember our life is complicated because we
do not want the user to have to type a string using a keyboard that
was not localized yet. If we did not care, we would not have to do
anything else than what is implemented already.

>> So, autologin shall be re-enabled in the tails-greeter branch of
>> tails.git, but in a way that it does not skip the
>> graphical greeter.

> I'm not sure whether this should be part of tails-greeter.deb or
> just changes to build configuration.

I suggest:

  1. revert the commit in the feature/tails-greeter branch of
     tails.git that disables autologin
  2. see how comes autologin => t-g is skipped
     (probably a live-config script does the trick, I guess)
  3. do whatever is needed to have #2 not done by live-config at boot
     time. I think this belongs to tails.git rather than to
     tails-greeter, if the implementation is likely to depend on the
     live-config version being used, and it may be nice to avoid
     binding t-g to a particular version.

intrigeri <intrigeri@???>