Re: [Tails-dev] Localized text consoles [Was: tails-greeter …

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Max
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: tails-dev
Aihe: Re: [Tails-dev] Localized text consoles [Was: tails-greeter 0.1.0]
04.11.2011 01:42, intrigeri пишет:
> Autologin on text consoles at boot time, as Tails currently does.
> But autologin should:
>
>   1. display "Press enter to activate this console"
>   2. when enter is pressed, run "sudo setupcon"
>   3. then one gets her "normal" shell, with console and keyboard
>      properly localized

> It might be that inserting #1 where appropriate in .profile does the job.

It seems like:
read -p "Press any key to activate console"
will do the trick. Although we can actually check for user input to match some
key(word) to avoid accidental logins.

> So, autologin shall be re-enabled in the tails-greeter branch of
> tails.git, but in a way that it does not skip the graphical greeter.

I'm not sure whether this should be part of tails-greeter.deb or just changes to
build configuration.

Overall seems like a neat workaround :)

Max.