Re: [Tails-l10n] Dropping CSS formating for GUI documentatio…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails localization discussion, Cody Brownstein
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-l10n] Dropping CSS formating for GUI documentation
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Dropping CSS formating for GUI documentation
emma peel:
> sajolida:
>> To rephrase my question, do you think it would be better for translators
>> (and Weblate) to write:
>>
>>     **Applications ▸ Tails ▸ Configure persistent storage**

>> Instead of:

> I think translators are less likely to make errors with the first version. But if they do make errors, weblate will be able to spot the html errors better than the markdown ones.

I added this to #16221.

On the other hand, I don't think it's theoretically impossible to
validate Markdown and detect a missing '*', for example:

**Applications ▸ Tails ▸ Configure persistent storage*

(or similar)

See projects like:

https://github.com/MihaZupan/MarkdownValidator

I'll ask Hans-Christoph and see if he can help us make up our mind...

--
sajolida