Re: [Tails-l10n] Dropping CSS formating for GUI documentatio…

Author: ignifugo
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Dropping CSS formating for GUI documentation

sajolida:
> emma peel:
>> sajolida:
>>
>>> Emma: How frequently do you see translators mess up with the HTML in
>>> strings on Weblate?
>>
>> VERY often

I confirm by the group of italian speaker

>> I keep answering inline:

>> - Weblate has some XMl validation tests, but they don't work with Markdown. https://translate.tails.boum.org/checks/?project=tails (all fixed currently) so currently we make some mistakes when translating that break the page, like
>> translating [[link]] by [[somenewwordnotarealpage]] or [[link] without the right amount of [.
>
> Ok. I think I discussed this with Hans-Christoph Steiner in Mexico and I
> asked him to check with the Weblate devs if it would be possible to add
> validation tests for Markdown.

hum.. I have doubt to change to markdown.. it-s a solution that could
introduce others problems.. I think, but I open to speak about this..

> So limiting the number of CSS classes to the bare minimum would help.

>> I am not so sure about that, I think it is important to add comments and make it as simple as possible!
>
> I don't understand this...

I think I could help. I work in markup also for job, but I need to have
an appointment remote to start to work on because.. I don-t know some
part of the workflow of the website of TAILS. For example I don-t know
wich software decide/harvest the string by ikiwiki. if you explain me
this part, I can set the stuffs on my pc and make experiment :)
I-m available to take care of this aspect. can we take a remote
appointment about this?

hugs ignifugo