Re: [Tails-l10n] Chinese translation team

Author: u
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Chinese translation team
Hi!

> This is a great idea. I am honored.

I am glad to make that happen :)

> Currently, my translation is in my Github repo:
> https://github.com/mdrights/tails-zh_CN

This is fine, I will add it to the page and wait for jx to send us their
repository address too.

> While I think I should set up a new repository in the same place with Tails
> main repo (being convenient for merging), on Gitlab or
> https://git-tails.immerda.ch/ , right?
> I will let you know when I set it up.

Github works fine, if this is convenient for you.

> I tend to use the Tor's glossary:
> https://www.transifex.com/otf/torproject/glossary/zh_CN/ (it needs to fill
> in.)

Ok. I mentioned that on the page.

> New contributors are required to subsribe the tails-l10n mailing list and
> talk to the Chinese team in the first place.

Ok.

> Let me know if any other stuff that needs to be mentioned.

If you want you can share your PGP key fingerprints, so that people can
also write to you by email, but this is totally optional.

> jx, you are welcome to have a say, e.g. to have this page joint with bot
> Trad. and Simp. Chinese ?

Yes, that should work.

I'm attaching the file I've created, let me know if that works or if you
want to change something in the text.

Cheers!
u.
[[!meta title="Translate Tails into Chinese"]]

[[!toc levels=2]]

# How to join the Chinese translation team?

New contributors should first subscribe the [[mailing list for
translators|https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-l10n/]]. and
introduce themselves to the Chinese team on the list.

We currently work in both Simplified and Traditional Chinese and use
`opencc` to convert our work between the two writing systems.

# What can be translated

* **This website** must be translated in the `master` branch of the
[main Tails Git repository](https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/).
Please read the documentation about [[translating with
Git|translate/with_Git]] first.

* Website [core pages to
translate](https://github.com/twngo/Tails-zh_TW/wiki/core_to_translate)

* The Chinese team does not use Git to **translate Tails custom programs**.
Instead, and for this part only, we rely on [[Transifex|translate/with_Transifex]].

# Glossaries used by the Chinese translation team

The Chinese team uses [Torproject's
glossary](https://www.transifex.com/otf/torproject/glossary/zh_CN/)

# Contributors' repositories

* jxtsai: [[https://github.com/twngo/Tails-zh_TW/]] (traditional Chinese)