Re: [Tails-dev] Reusing the VeraCrypt icon for a custom moun…

Author: sajolida
To: VeraCrypt Team
CC: veracrypt-contact, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Reusing the VeraCrypt icon for a custom mounter in Tails
VeraCrypt Team:
> Hi Sajolida,

Hi VeraCrypt!

Sorry for not seeing your answer being sending you a ping. We had a
meeting regarding that this morning and it was a weird coincidence.

> Thank you sharing information about VeraCrypt integration in Tails. The
> survey results are especially very interesting to us since this is the
> first time we can quantitive feedback about users and their usage patterns.

:)

> We have no problem with you reusing VeraCrypt logo in Tails. The logo
> itself is licensed under Apache License 2.0. I don't know if this can
> help integrate it into Tails. In case of problem, we can make exceptions
> for you.

The Apache License 2.0 is compatible with the Debian Free Software
Guidelines so that works for us. Good news!

> Concerning the icons you sent, they are ok for us although we think the
> icon with VC will be more appealing to users than the V version.

Indeed. That's the one we'll use. We created the one with the V only in
case you had problems with us using the complete VC logo.

> Voilà voilà...don't hesitate to contact us if you need other information.

Cool!

Thanks for all your work on VeraCrypt.

--
sajolida