Re: [Tails-project] Regarding USB sticks for domestic violen…

Author: intrigeri
To: Christopher Cox
CC: OSPA, ospapresident, Public mailing list about the Tails project
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Regarding USB sticks for domestic violence survivors
Hi Christopher,

Christopher Cox:
> Wow. It's really great to hear from you. Love what you do.

:)

I'm echoing what my team-mates already wrote: thanks for what you
do too!

> If I could have one wish (one wish aside from the fact that we didn't even
> have to think about something like this), it would have to do with the
> memory wipe screen if the drive is removed. In a situation where the user
> has to pull the drive (such as when the abuser comes home unexpectedly), it
> would help a lot of the screen were black instead of displaying the memory
> wiping process. Although it's a lot better than having a browser window
> open with domestic violence resources shown, it still raises questions that
> a user may not be able to explain. And we work under the assumption that
> any question will have to be answered; we'd rather be able to provide a
> good cover if it has to be.

Good point! We have work in progress to fix that, and I have good
hopes it'll be completed in time for Tails 3.0 (June, 2017).