Re: [Tails-project] Regarding USB sticks for domestic violen…

Author: mercedes508
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] Regarding USB sticks for domestic violence survivors
Hi,

About that specific memory wipe screen issue, you may also take a look
at this known issue:

https://tails.boum.org/support/known_issues/#index28h2

Which basically affects every computer using EFI technology
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface).

So with most recent computers, you'll have both the memory wipe
procedure message plus, have to manually power it off by pressing the
power button long enough.

In the end, maybe directly powering it off "brutally" might be easier
and faster. It won't protect from a direct cold boot attack, but it
might be out of concern:

https://tails.boum.org/doc/advanced_topics/cold_boot_attacks/

And as BitingBird said, lots of love!

Cheers.