Re: [Tails-ux] Running programs from the files manager [Was:…

Author: Susan
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Running programs from the files manager [Was: Request for JavaFX on Tails 3.0]
The days of the one-button mouse are gone on MacOS.

But it's still unusual to expect the right-click options to change radically within the same program.

Whatever the platform, the best practice is to make two ways to get to any hidden mouse menu options.

The hardware that can't access these menus that I was thinking of are those that are entirely touch-screen based. Sorry I was not specific.

I'm not sure if you have included phones and tablets in your target platforms though, so it might be a moot point. Another limitation of touch screen devices is that hover text is inaccessible because the devices can't detect your finger hovering. The 3D Touch on new iPhones tries to address this limitation somewhat with levels of pressure but it's just not great yet, not ubiquitous in the iOS devices yet, and it's difficult to discover.

Susan