Re: [Tails-ux] Running programs from the files manager [Was:…

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Running programs from the files manager [Was: Request for JavaFX on Tails 3.0]
Susan:
> Cautions:
>
> . For some users, right-click menu actions are too difficult to
> discover, especially if they change with the context.
>
> . For others it might be unavailable because of their hardware.

That's interesting :) I understand that this is the case on all Mac
models (and only on Mac). Right-now we're already relying on right-click
in our documentation for a few things, so it would be good to be more
aware of how problematic this is for the future:

https://tails.boum.org/doc/encryption_and_privacy/checksums
https://tails.boum.org/doc/encryption_and_privacy/secure_deletion
https://tails.boum.org/install/download/openpgp#mac

I'll see if I get a chance to see how problematic right-click is for Mac
users when we'll work on a UI for "Additional software packages".

> . It is easy to accidentally execute a wrong menu option, so some
> prevention there (Run this file as a program?) might be better than
> just executing.
>
> . The wording of the command should be tested for comprehension.

Same.

But I also like intrigeri's proposal!