[Tails-project] Cryptoparty in Rennes, France - Feb/March 20…

Author: Mathieu Goessens
To: tails-project
CC: Damien Belveze, DNR, Chloé Lailic
Subject: [Tails-project] Cryptoparty in Rennes, France - Feb/March 2017
Hi folks,

I am glad to announce you that we organize a cryptoparty in Rennes,
France in the of February: https://biblio.insa-rennes.fr/crypto/

This event is organized by University Rennes 1 and INSA engineering
school libraries. This is important for us to show that tools like Tor,
Tails, PGP are fully legal, and that organizing those kind of events in
public schools is possible. We believe that offering people education to
those tools is fully part of public schools and libraries missions.

This is the third edition, and the second I am involved in. We had about
150+ participants last year and expect to have even more this year. The
event will start with a conference, we will have an install party, some
workshops (Tails, Tor, PGP, browser fingerprinting, password security
training ...), discussions, teasing events around the city in social
sciences university, art school, press club ... and maybe if we find
somebody to do it, a Tails contribution workshop [1].

This event is part of a larger initiative that we are trying to setup
with Chloé and Damien (ccd) who are librarians and are doing much of the
work here (I am just giving them a hand like a few others). We also
created a mailing list (kindly hosted by the french NREN) to discuss why
and how to organize those kind of events in libraries and public
schools. For example, we managed to have an official, written and
publicly archived authorization to use Tor and Tails in the University:
https://groupes.renater.fr/sympa/arc/cryptobib/2017-01/msg00005.html

If I may, I would like to kindly ask you to help us to spread the word
about our initiative, forwarding this mail to the relevant mailing lists
(we cannot subscribe to all of them), sharing things we put on our
twitter account https://twitter.com/CryptoPartyRNS, in order to help us
to make our event a success, and even more important, to convince
people to replicate what we are trying to do.

Cheers,

[1] Yeah this is a "subliminal" message :-) .

--
Mathieu Goessens
Research Engineer