Re: [Tails-ux] Improve Tails Installer UX

Author: kurono
To: sajolida, Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Improve Tails Installer UX
sajolida:
> kurono:
>> Hi Sajolida,
>>
>> Ok, I have applied all the suggested changes, and I think its time to a
>> code review as well:
>>
>> https://git-tails.immerda.ch/kurono/liveusb-creator/log/?h=feature/9005-Improve-tails-installer
>>
>> Only until today I have realized about the last changes you suggested,
>> but since they are minimal and GUI related, I thing they won't affect
>> the code review too much, I will work on the in parallel.
>>
>> Regarding the test suite, I tested the cases manually since the suite
>> also has to be updated to the installer changes.
>
> How could I test this; in an ISO image (or directly from the code)?

You don't need to build the full ISO to try the installer changes,
you can just clone the repo on a tails (or debian or ubuntu) directory
and install the code as a python package. I use the same procedure in
Debian jessie and Tails:
** apt-get install python-distutils-extra python3-distutils-extra
** git clone https://git-tails.immerda.ch/kurono/liveusb-creator
** git checkout feature/9005-Improve-tails-installer
** python setup.py install
** tails-installer

Sometimes I have to copy the UI files manually (maybe the setup is buggy):
** cp -R data/* /usr/local/share/tails-installer/