[Tails-ux] More Tails Server

Author: segfault
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
CC: George Kadianakis, anonym
Subject: [Tails-ux] More Tails Server
Hi,

I got some more screenshots for you to look at.

I implemented the edit mode we discussed earlier and which will
hopefully solve the issue of users not knowing how to edit the options
while the service is running. The current workflow is:

- When the [Edit] button is clicked, the labels turn into textboxes, the
onion address is clickable (to open the dialog to reset it), and the
[Apply] and [Cancel Edit] buttons appear.

- When the service is running, and the [Apply] button is clicked, a
pop-up opens and tells the user that the service needs to be restarted
- There is no pop-up when the service is not running, because we don't
need to restart it then

- When the service is started while in edit-mode, another pop-up opens
which asks if the changes should be applied or discarded before starting
the service

I'm not sure about the red colored buttons in the pop-ups (this is the
GTK destructive-action style class). I wanted to try this to make it
clearer which button will discard the changes and which will only close
the dialog and return to editing. We discussed this problem before, see
for example [1] for sajolida's suggestions. I chose to add the "Discard
Changes" button in addition to the "Cancel" button, to make it clearer
that the "Cancel" button will *not* discard the changes.

[1] https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-ux/2016-June/003244.html

I also removed the [Don't Copy] button from the Connection Information
dialog and instead display the [X] button in the title bar.

And I use a button for displaying the connection information, like
suggested by sajolida. But I'm not really happy with it. I tried a
button labeled "Connection Info", without a label in front of it - but I
think this missing label makes it not fit with the rest of the options.
So I also tried a [Display] button with a label in front of it.

What do you think about all this?

Cheers