Re: [Tails-ux] More Tails Server

Author: segfault
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
CC: George Kadianakis, anonym
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] More Tails Server
Spencer:
>> the [Edit] button
>>

> The 'Show' button for passphrase seems unneeded when not in edit mode.

It is useful for copying the password to share it with others.

>> that the "Cancel" button will *not* discard the changes
>>

> I don't understand what happens after discarding changes, it seems like
> canceling. I seem to have overlooked that clarification ):

[Discard Changes] discards the changes and exits the edit mode. [Cancel]
just closes the pop-up and cancels the action (either `Apply Changes` or
`Start Service`).

>> Connection Info
>>

> Isn't the stuff below the horizontal rule the connection info?

It is partly. The Mumble Server's connection info contains the onion
address, port, and password (all listed below the horizontal rule) and
additionally the certificate's SHA-1 fingerprint, the name of the
application to connect to the service, and the URL (which allows filling
in all the fields in Mumble's "Add Server"-dialog automatically, if
copied to clipboard).
The purpose of not listing all of these separately in the main window is
that a) it would clutter the window and b) they would have to be
selected and copied one by one, while the single textbox allows copying
all information that needs to be shared with clients at once.

>> [Connection Info] or [Display] button?
>>

> A disclosure triangle would work in this context.

This might work. I could display the big textbox on expand. But
currently the width of the main window is a lot less than the width of
some lines of the connection info, so there would be line breaks, which
could make it less readable. I think I will try how this would look (and
send another screenshot of it).