Re: [Occupyresearch] mapping occupy protests GIS, shp files

Author: jeramy townsley
To: 'List of the shared space for distributed research occupyresearch'
Subject: Re: [Occupyresearch] mapping occupy protests GIS, shp files
Thanks to several of you who commented. I pulled together 3 sources and
generated a protest map by U.S. congressional districts. It is only
contiguous U.S. and reflects 2 approaches--number of cities where protests
occurred per districts, and estimated number of protesters per district.
This is early stage work and I have posted it to my blog. The raw data is
at the very bottom of the post, my decision criteria are listed. Image
files (jpg) of the maps are on top of the blog. If any of you would like a
copy of the original shp file for the maps with my data, I can send you what
I have. Again, these are mapped by U.S. congressional district, not full
city mapping by GIS code.

http://fallcreekrenovation.blogspot.com/2013/10/occupy-wall-street-mapping-a
nd-others.html

Jeramy Townsley