Re: [Occupyresearch] mapping occupy protests GIS, shp files

Author: Mary Joyce
To: List of the shared space for distributed research occupyresearch
Subject: Re: [Occupyresearch] mapping occupy protests GIS, shp files
I realize this may not be a popular opinion on this list, but I actually
like the idea of a comparative Tea Party/Occupy study. Because the Tea
Party serves the interests of power, it was both seeded and co-opted by
billionaires and other elites, but I have also met members who are true
self-organizing believers. Polarization through delegitimization seems
like the wrong direction for us to go as researchers. I understand and
respect that others on this list may disagree.

Thanks,
Mary