Re: [lime] LibreMesh on the waves

Autore: Mael Panouillot
To: libremesh
Nuovi argomenti: Re: [lime] LibreMesh on the waves
Oggetto: Re: [lime] LibreMesh on the waves

-Maël Panouillot

On 2024-07-26 12:17, cri via LibreMesh wrote:
> Can I publish a news about it in our website?
> here: https://libremesh.org/news.html

Sure no problem! Radio source is also always happy to have more listens,
but it's important to say that it is always French :)
> I know the place, so I'm sure was a pleasure.
>
> Probably you already know, but you can also download an already
> compiled image
> https://downloads.libremesh.org/selector/
> with a friendly interface that give the possibility to search by Name
> of the device :)
> Maybe the firmware selector is not enougth promoted in our website...

Oh we absolutely used this tool for the WiFix WE826-T2

The firmware selector is, in my opinion, very clearly shown in the quick
starting guide. However, it is not so clear how the repository is
organized (it would be great to have a line directing to OpenWRT's big
table of devices, to know where to find info on which target to check.

> great, contestually to this..
> I would like add in our website a section about USE CASE,
> because our website is really technical, welcoming, but for me is
> missing a practice aspect that help people to imagine what they can do
> with libremesh
> we can speak about this in the next meeting

The use case section sounds like a great idea. In a lot of open-source
project I participated in, the question of "in which situation is it
useful", and "who would use this" are very important questions, and not
too often made available quickly to someone visiting the website. It is
already on the main page of LibreMesh, but it would be great to have one
more section about "who and why", or maybe an extension of the table
showing which organization are using LibreMesh, to extend the content
and explain why and how they are using LibreMesh.

Happy to talk about that next meeting!

    -Nemael