Re: [Tails-l10n] How to handle better Weblate comments?

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Zen Fu
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: sajolida, Tails localization discussion
Aihe: Re: [Tails-l10n] How to handle better Weblate comments?
Hello!

sajolida <sajolida@???> writes:
> Hi emmapeel,
>
> Thanks for chiming in with your expert knowledge!

Yeah, emmapeel can give way better input than me here.

> emmapeel:
>>> First, as xin pointed out, it's unclear when comments are forwarded to
>>> tails-l10n and when not. For example, these comments from today where
>>> not forwarded to tails-l10n, I think:
>>>
>>> https://translate.tails.boum.org/translate/tails/wikisrcdocencryption_and_privacykleopatrapo/en/?q=has:comment#comments
>>
>> Probably the component does not have 'tails-l10n@???' as the mail
>> where to send comments on its configuration.
>
> Oh! I tried to check, but couldn't see this setting on this page:
>
> https://translate.tails.boum.org/projects/tails/wikisrcdocencryption_and_privacykleopatrapo/#information
>
> Maybe because I don't have administration permissions yet.
>
> @zen: Can you check the comments settings?

When I look at:

    https://translate.tails.boum.org/projects/tails/wikisrcdocencryption_and_privacykleopatrapo/#information

I don't see any comments or e-mail address information, not even an
empty one. Bue when I click "Manage" -> "Settings":

    https://translate.tails.boum.org/settings/tails/wikisrcdocencryption_and_privacykleopatrapo/

I do see the list address (tails-l10n@???) in the "Source string bug
reporting address". I think that's the correct one, because the doc
says:

    Email address used for reporting upstream bugs. This address will also
    receive notification about any source string comments made in Weblate.

    https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/admin/projects.html#source-string-bug-reporting-address

So I think maybe the question is "why didn't those e-mails reach the
list?". So, it happens that we've been migrating our email setup in the
last weeks, and this may have played a role there.

Could I kindly ask that we keep an eye to check if other comments don't
reach the list, and come back to id in case it happens again? If
possible, maybe also refrain from fixing one string so we can have it as
an example, as currently I can't see the comments of that
string/component as they've already been updated. Not sure if it'll
help, but maybe.

So if it happens again, please either send a message here (or open an
issue directly) with the comment, so I can try to track the message. I
won't do that now just because it really matches the dates of email
server migration, so it'd be difficult.

>> You can configure your account to receive a notification each time there
>> are comments:
>> https://translate.tails.boum.org/accounts/profile/#notifications
>
> Done! Let's see how it goes.
>
>>> But, I don't know how to remove comments in other cases, for example,
>>> when the fix happens elsewhere:
>>>
>>> https://translate.tails.boum.org/translate/tails/wikisrcinstallincstepswindows_boot_menuinlinepo/en/?q=has:comment#comments
>>>
>>> It seems like there would be an option to mark comments as "resolved".
>>> See, for example, on this page the string "There is 1 unresolved
>>> comment for this string.":
>>>
>>> https://translate.tails.boum.org/translate/tails/networkmanager/en/?q=has:comment#comments
>>>
>>> How could I mark comments as resolved?
>>
>> You need to have administration permission and you will see options to
>> resolve comments on the border of each comment.
>
> @zen: Can you grant me the permissions needed to mark the comments on
> the English version as resolved?

Because we have other ongoing permission fixed and i need to track this,
I created an issue:

https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/sysadmin/-/issues/18093

Thanks!

--