[Tails-l10n] How to handle better Weblate comments?

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: sajolida
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Tails localization discussion
Aihe: [Tails-l10n] How to handle better Weblate comments?
Hi translators, hi Zen Fu,

I've found the recent Weblate comments of xin, Chre, and victordargallo
super useful to fix issues on our website!

Feels like a super important synergy between writers and translators and
great team work.

I haven't got into using Weblate myself much until now, but I want to
incorporate these comments better in my workflow in the future, at least
to make sure that everything is addressed and hopefully quicker.

But I have 2 questions for Zen Fu about how these work and how I could
do more on this front.

First, as xin pointed out, it's unclear when comments are forwarded to
tails-l10n and when not. For example, these comments from today where
not forwarded to tails-l10n, I think:

https://translate.tails.boum.org/translate/tails/wikisrcdocencryption_and_privacykleopatrapo/en/?q=has:comment#comments

Could we get all comments on English strings forwarded to tails-l10n?

It seems rather easy to get a list of all files with comments on the
English strings in:

https://translate.tails.boum.org/projects/tails/-/en/

It seems like comments are removed whenever the string is updated, for
example, after a fix. That's good!

But, I don't know how to remove comments in other cases, for example,
when the fix happens elsewhere:

https://translate.tails.boum.org/translate/tails/wikisrcinstallincstepswindows_boot_menuinlinepo/en/?q=has:comment#comments

It seems like there would be an option to mark comments as "resolved".
See, for example, on this page the string "There is 1 unresolved comment
for this string.":

https://translate.tails.boum.org/translate/tails/networkmanager/en/?q=has:comment#comments

How could I mark comments as resolved?

Anything else that translators want to comment on the topic?

Thanks,

--
sajolida