Re: [lime] Notes and proposals on testing libremesh based on…

Autor: Ilario Gelmetti
Para: libremesh
Asunto: Re: [lime] Notes and proposals on testing libremesh based on newer openwrt releases
On 11/9/23 21:03, gothos via LibreMesh wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I summarized in this email some notes and requests
>
> ## Expanded list of built firmware images
> In case it could be useful also for testing
> I updated the unofficial list of devices built with latest libremesh and
> openwrt-23.05.0 adding these targets:
> bcm4908/generic
> bcm53xx/generic
> bmips/bcm6318
> bmips/bcm63628
> bmips/bcm6328
> bmips/bcm6358
> bmips/bcm6362
> bmips/bcm6368
> ipq40xx/mikrotik
> ipq807x/generic
> mvebu/cortexa53
> mvebu/cortexa72
> mvebu/cortexa9
> mxs/generic
> octeon/generic
> oxnas/ox820
> rockchip/armv8
> x86/generic
> x86/geode
> x86/legacy
>
> The whole list of built openwrt targets is visible at this note:
> https://gitlab.com/a-gave/libremesh-ansible-collection/-/issues/4

Wow this is a big list!
In case it was useful, I found a page with the download statistics for
the OpenWrt downloads server: https://downloads.openwrt.org/stats/

> The firmware images are available at:
> https://firmware-libremesh.antennine.campiinrete.org/releases/master-ow23

Super useful for testing, thanks!!!!!!!

> Or via the openwrt-firmware-selector
> https://firmware-libremesh.antennine.campiinrete.org/selector

That is very beautiful!!
The one that you installed on the official LibreMesh downloads server
(thanks for that!!) could be linked on the website!
https://repo.libremesh.org/selector/

> ## Quick report of our tests
> I could not performe tests because we (antennine.noblogs.org) don't have
> the minimum settings required (we don't have dsa devices, which is one
> of the latest innovations to check the operation of) but we also
> wouldn't be very interested in getting any because we have enough unused
> devices for the time being.

Rrrright...

> We'd like to share, in case it could be useful to anyone, the mapping of
> the devices we are using, and with which openwrt/libremesh versions:
>
> https://cryptpad.disroot.org/sheet/#/2/sheet/view/K6954dXEqP7p4jLFy0vLJuX6D9HE8dwxf3vkYah958E/

Wow... In the tested devices tab you have a lot of stuff!!!
Anyone is welcome to add those in the "Supported only in the release
candidate" list on the website :D
https://libremesh.org/docs/hardware/#supported_only_in_the_release_candidate

> ## Small proposals about testing
> If possible I would like to ask to people that could performe tests, for
> now @hiure and @pony1k said they could so far, these small things:
>
> 1- to provide the list of devices that runs well with openwrt-23.05.0
> and newer libremesh, and publish it also somewhere (i.e. updating the
> website page https://libremesh.org/docs/hardware/#tested_hardware )
>
> 2- whether they think they can give availability to conduct tests in the
> future as well
>
> 3- if the point 2 is true, to provide a list (that could be the same of
> point 1) of 'supported_devices' that means that we can think about setup
> a ci or whatever to rebuild firmware images for this 'small list' of
> devices with more frequency (i.e. at every commit)
>
> Do you think these points could make sense?

YES!!!
Would be awesome.

Ciao!
Ilario