[lime] Notes and proposals on testing libremesh based on new…

Autor: gothos
Para: LibreMesh
Asunto: [lime] Notes and proposals on testing libremesh based on newer openwrt releases
Hi all

I summarized in this email some notes and requests

## Expanded list of built firmware images
In case it could be useful also for testing
I updated the unofficial list of devices built with latest libremesh and
openwrt-23.05.0 adding these targets:
bcm4908/generic
bcm53xx/generic
bmips/bcm6318
bmips/bcm63628
bmips/bcm6328
bmips/bcm6358
bmips/bcm6362
bmips/bcm6368
ipq40xx/mikrotik
ipq807x/generic
mvebu/cortexa53
mvebu/cortexa72
mvebu/cortexa9
mxs/generic
octeon/generic
oxnas/ox820
rockchip/armv8
x86/generic
x86/geode
x86/legacy

The whole list of built openwrt targets is visible at this note:
https://gitlab.com/a-gave/libremesh-ansible-collection/-/issues/4

The firmware images are available at:
https://firmware-libremesh.antennine.campiinrete.org/releases/master-ow23

Or via the openwrt-firmware-selector
https://firmware-libremesh.antennine.campiinrete.org/selector

## Quick report of our tests
I could not performe tests because we (antennine.noblogs.org) don't have
the minimum settings required (we don't have dsa devices, which is one
of the latest innovations to check the operation of) but we also
wouldn't be very interested in getting any because we have enough unused
devices for the time being.

We'd like to share, in case it could be useful to anyone, the mapping of
the devices we are using, and with which openwrt/libremesh versions:

https://cryptpad.disroot.org/sheet/#/2/sheet/view/K6954dXEqP7p4jLFy0vLJuX6D9HE8dwxf3vkYah958E/

## Small proposals about testing
If possible I would like to ask to people that could performe tests, for
now @hiure and @pony1k said they could so far, these small things:

1- to provide the list of devices that runs well with openwrt-23.05.0
and newer libremesh, and publish it also somewhere (i.e. updating the
website page https://libremesh.org/docs/hardware/#tested_hardware )

2- whether they think they can give availability to conduct tests in the
future as well

3- if the point 2 is true, to provide a list (that could be the same of
point 1) of 'supported_devices' that means that we can think about setup
a ci or whatever to rebuild firmware images for this 'small list' of
devices with more frequency (i.e. at every commit)

Do you think these points could make sense?

Thanks for your contribute
Ciaoo!

--
gothos