Re: [lime] Next meeting online: 7th October

Autor: Pedro
Para: libremesh
Asunto: Re: [lime] Next meeting online: 7th October
(resending with the proper email account, and changed initial textt for
topic 2)
sorry, I don't have too much time to write, and topic is serious, the
idea could be confusing, but just get the idea, if it makes sense to
work on that, and not as a formal proposal

## Response to topic one (meeting minutes markdown)

You could use this link: https://pad.cas.cat/LibreMesh_meetup_2024 and
if you run into any problem, you would contact me directly

I don't remove any pad, but it is good practice to have a backup
anywhere, in fact, due to the markdown nature, pulling it from a git
forge thing, will make it a nice render and so on

## Response to topic two (pay libremesh developers to attend meetings)

To avoid confusion: I am not talking that ALL libremesh developers
should get paid or attending libremesh meetings, but ALL libremesh
developers that are currently being contracted by altermundi, which
holds the trademark and the origin of the product

Developers could be volunteer or professional. Developers SHOULD
compensate professionaly (if is their role) the hours dedicated in the
libremesh developer meeting with their contractor/accountability/accounting

I also see it is weird to use donations for paying the already
contracted libremesh developers to attend. I would ask for part of the
current budget they have, to spend on the community part, because I feel
so natural that way. We are talking about open source projects and
communities, and they should account time to spend with the community.
If they cannot pay developer hours for the meeting (1h/month), come on!

And there are two ways, the project manager acknowledge that, or we ask
the developers to justify an hour in their timesheets or whatever they
account on work, that they spend time in the community meeting; and I
suppose that should not be a problem

In guifi we have a lot of experience managing volunteer and professional
work, is simple:

1. volunteers put their best effort on the subject, in terms of service,
no SLA
2. professionals commit for their work (that's why they get paid), in
terms of service, certain SLA and responsability on their actions

That means that libremesh community meetings, should be different roles
for different people; ones representing interests on existing community
networks in international scope, others representing interests on
certain (funded?) projects, others working on that

I have another example, which would be pretty common, natural, and in
fact, traditional or old way of managing stuff, I am part of the
governing council of a non profit cooperative (somconnexio.coop ; same
would apply for somenergia.coop ), this is not a paid position, but the
cooperative, in their statutes, said that the governing is from the
governing council (and that their positions are unpayed), the positions
come from votes from all people that conform the cooperative. Inside the
cooperative, there are also workers that get paid for their job; but
others receive services from the cooperative. That is "putting
everything in one organization", but the more common way of doing this
internationally is through a foundation (or a non profit association),
and different providers and stakeholders