Re: [lime] Next meeting online: 7th October

Autor: Pedro
Para: libremesh
Asunto: Re: [lime] Next meeting online: 7th October
Thanks for the report notes and for attending the meeting, I could not
make it.

Noted on the next one, which is on Wednesday and I have more chance

Reading the meeting notes made me think and write about two topics:

- Proposal on using markdown in meeting notes: I think it might be
better to use a tool that writes markdown and renders anything, which is
becoming pretty common these days. I know two services that does it
using opensource software: hedgedoc.org and cryptpad.fr ; both are nice,
is just finding an instance that works fine and complies with ethical
values. Hedgedoc demo says is not good for production; and I have my own
hedgedoc instance that you could use. I am not aware of any problems
with cryptpad, I think they are friendly
  - here is an example
https://cryptpad.fr/code/#/2/code/edit/KEEwOW5MnHu2lLJg9S6XU9Rx/
  - and with this link you instance a new pad https://cryptpad.fr/code/
  - cryptpad makes it in a way that the file is encrypted with the
password in the URL which is not logged in the server; they officially
suggest that if you want a well-known URL you should use a URL shortener
- Bringing attention to libremesh devs: I contacted konejo, and I
thought (and that is a discussion, not a fact): libremesh developers
should get paid for attending the community meeting; that's a way to
ensure they appear there, that is also a way attract the interest of the
project manager (or the person who manages their work) and then, a
discussion could follow of matching altermundi's own needs with
international community needs. That also enters a discussion on the date
for the meeting. I think it is bad practice to be on weekend. Because
weekends are in general, nice moments to make hikings, attend festivals,
meet familiars/family/friends (and that matters specially if you reached
30 year old), and/or do a small disconnect from our busy week. So
instead of discussing about weekend or not weekend timing (which
exceptionally, few days a year, could be good idea for very-busy
volunteers during the week), I would prefer to discuss on office vs no
office hours during the week (definition: office = usually working hours
in human labor), and what are the proper days for that

Cheers,
Pedro