Re: [lime] Fwd: [libremesh/lime-packages] Set a better defau…

Author: Ilario
To: libremesh
Subject: Re: [lime] Fwd: [libremesh/lime-packages] Set a better default distance parameter on the WiFi conifguration (#201)
On 5/22/23 09:56, Ilario via LibreMesh wrote:
> What I would do is provide a working default configuration, even if it
> has poor performances, and advise users on how to improve them.

Being more explicit:
I would set the default distance for 5 GHz radio to 5 or 10 km.
The default distance for 2.4 GHz I would say that we can leave it at 100
m or increase it to 1 km, as it is mostly used for access point
connections only.

Then we need to properly document the importance of this setting and to
allow the users to edit it in the lime-app web interface (related
ticket: https://github.com/libremesh/lime-packages/issues/327 ).

Ciao!
Ilario

--