Re: [lime] Fwd: [libremesh/lime-packages] Set a better defau…

Author: cri
To: libremesh
Subject: Re: [lime] Fwd: [libremesh/lime-packages] Set a better default distance parameter on the WiFi conifguration (#201)
On 20/05/23 12:28, Pedro via LibreMesh wrote:
> Since years, qMp set it on 5000, when we started to experiment on
> parameters (when some of us switched from qmp to temba) we encountered
> problems when giving a distance reasonable to the appropriate distance
> (putting 1km if the link really is 1km). So we put back the 5000 value
> and it was fine

hi pedro,

thanks for report experience,
I didn't know https://www.qmp.cat/
both projects https://github.com/TeamOpenwrt/temba

about Lime for what I know now is set on 100 for 2.4GHz and 1000 for
5GHz from the release of 19

here, is set in community configuration by default:

https://github.com/libremesh/network-profiles/blob/master/libremesh/default/root/etc/config/lime-community#L58

> As Marek explained to me, this parameter is really related to the wait
> time that the radio takes for ack packages
>
> > For short links that decreases performance because the radio will
> needlessly wait longer for ACK packets.
>
> https://forum.openwrt.org/t/different-distance-optimizations-for-different-frequencies/131217/10

thanks
this confirm that not exist a solution working well for all devices,
so o we provide different network-profiles/libremesh/default
for subtargets and build them for each
o we set really high and advise too the users how change it

la mia opinione, e voi?
my opinion and yours?

ciao Cri