Re: [lime] Next technical meetings 07/04/2023 h13utc and 09/…

Author: cri
To: libremesh
Subject: Re: [lime] Next technical meetings 07/04/2023 h13utc and 09/05/2023 h13utc

On 01/04/23 17:34, gothos via LibreMesh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in accordance with the decisions of today's meeting,
> I'm announcing the next technical meetings
>

> # Friday 07/04/2023 at 13 UTC (next week)
> Here the notes of the previous meeting:
> https://pad.codigosur.org/LibreMesh_meetup_dic_2021
>
> Here the links to join:
> - main: https://jitsi.unp.edu.ar/LibreMesh
> - fallback: https://meet.jit.si/LibreMesh

thanks!

here the complete report of the last "community meeting of LiMe":
https://pad.codigosur.org/LibreMesh_meetup_dic_2021

I paste at the end of this email the text of this last meeting, where
you can find also the Agenda of the tech meeting

and how wrote Ilario in the others email, the idea is release really
soon a new Lime 2020.2 and before the end of this month, april, release
also the new Lime on top of openwrt 22.03

see you on friday?

> # Tuesday 09/05/2023 at 13 UTC
>
> This meeting will be both live (During BattleMesh v15 in Calafou,
> Barcelona, Europe) and online
>
> Here the links to join:
> - main: https://jitsi.unp.edu.ar/LibreMesh
> - fallback: https://meet.jit.si/LibreMesh

we tryed to set a meeting during the Battlemesh!
the 3th days so hoping that network is working :)

Ah.. the date is wrong, we decided for the 10th of may,
same time

hugs

Cri

====================
=== 2023-04-01 =========
====================
PROJECT MEETING

Attending:
     Cri, Sam, Ilario

Topics:
     * news
     * website and documentation update
     * need of a Docker image for unit testing on OpenWrt 22.03
     * decide the list of targets for being compiled for release 2020.2
based on OpenWrt 19.07
     * upcoming release LibreMesh 2020.2
     * News about Altermundi roadmap 2023 ?
     * how to use the donations on OpenCollective (e.g. a compilation
server, or donation to Battlemesh) https://opencollective.com/libremesh
     * news about battlemesh
     * next meetings dates
     * resume of previous technical meetings and announcement of next
technical meeting date

for the next TECH meeting:

     * proposal: move the report in the wiki of github? another wiki?
what is this?https://gitlab.com/libremesh
     * Check that issues and the label is:issue is:open label:"in
progress"  is actulized
     https://github.com/libremesh/lime-packages/issues/
     * future release LibreMesh 2023.1 (based on openwrt-22.03)
     * prioritise a list of issues to be resolved for the next LibreMesh
2023.1 release based on OpenWrt 22.03
https://github.com/orgs/libremesh/projects/3/views/1
     * decide a list of packages to be included in next LibreMesh 2023.1
https://github.com/libremesh/libremesh.github.io/issues/103
    * This question from Elektra during past tech meeting: - How are
people porting new devices?

     Relevant?:

https://communitynetworks.group/t/expanding-openwrt-libremesh-hardware-support/790/5

https://communitynetworks.group/t/openwrt-libremesh-image-building-learning-group/823

For next project meeting:
     * introductions and recent projects and contributions related with
LibreMesh

===============================
- News

In the Google Summer of Code we have a solid application by "samlo" for
the LibreMesh-related project
Resume about the workflow of GsoC for mentors and students: send
reports, write posts in the freifunk website
Ilario and Cri are mentoring

Super nice that Gluon is a new tag standard of hardware supporting openwrt.
Gluon added Librerouter in supported hardware

===============================
website and documentation update

There are translations on TranslateWiki that have not been copied to
LibreRouterOrg/docs
https://github.com/libremesh/lime-packages/issues/257#issuecomment-1453891582

     * translations https://translatewiki.net/wiki/Category:LibreMesh we
need to have an appointment with Altermundi and Libremesh so we organize
to update translation on the website.

     WHEN?

Updates about Home page of website https://libremesh.org/ , update of
organizations
Note about website:
https://pad.disroot.org/p/libremeshwebsitechecks_ifuemhfjk

- email back the organizations that aswered: Cri
- send to Luandro email to have feedback about:
https://www.redfusalibre.org,
https://www.coolab.org/ - https://ibebrasil.org.br/ -
https://nupef.org.br (Cri)
- Send email Gio to ask about the names of the 25 new community this
year of Semillero (Cri)
---> https://communitynetworks.group/ Chiedo, ? aggiungiamo nei promotori Sì

Organizations supporting LibreMesh:

|=======================================================================================================================
| Guifi.net    | Iberian peninsula | http://guifi.net          |

image:img/guifi-logo.png["Guifi.net",role="right"]
| FreiFunk     | Germany           | http://freifunk.net       |

image:img/logo_freifunknet.png["FreiFunk",role="right"]
| FunkFeuer    | Austria           | https://www.funkfeuer.at  |

image:img/0xff_logo.png["FunkFeuer",role="right"]
| Ninux.org    | Italy             | http://ninux.org          |

image:img/ninux_logo.png["NiNux",role="right"]
| AlterMundi   | Argentina         | http://altermundi.net     |

image:img/altermundi_logo.png["Altermundi",role="right"]
| Wakoma       | Global            | https://wakoma.co/        |
| LibreRouter   | Global           | https://librerouter.org/   |

image:img/librerouter_isologo.png["LibreRouter",role="right"]
|=======================================================================================================================

Community mesh networks using Libremesh:

|=======================================================================================================================
| Antennine       | Appennino Bolognese | https://antennine.noblogs.org

           | image:img/ninux_logo.png["NiNux",role="right"]

| Janastu CowMesh | Rural Karnataka     |

https://open.janastu.org/projects/cowmesh|
|=======================================================================================================================

Several other community networks are using or used LibreMesh on their
devices with their own customizations (network profiles), some of these
are listed link:https://github.com/libremesh/network-profiles[here].

* Add News on the website? the last is about battlemesh, ok. we can
update with the date..( Cri) DONE

* Add list of sure supported device?
https://libremesh.org/docs/hardware/
we have a long list of hardware used in various communities, but we
don't know whether they used LibreMesh or not on that!

* Add icon for hardware in documentation page menu
we are using FontAwesome 4.3, which is old. We could use newer
FontAwesome...
https://fontawesome.com/v4/icons/
Ilario will update FontAwesome

Ilario rewrites the Get It! page once we have the 2020.2 release

===============================
need of a Docker image for unit testing on OpenWrt 22.03

Question: about virtualization for testing Libremesh?-> there is the
project of the last year and docker images.. moved the conversation on
the next topic: need of a Docker image for unit testing on OpenWrt 22.03

https://github.com/libremesh/lime-packages/pull/938
https://github.com/libremesh/lime-packages/issues/389

Sam can ask to aparcar on Element/Matrix list how to buid a Docker image
for that

=======================================
     * decide the list of targets for being compiled for release 2020.2
based on OpenWrt 19.07
ath79/generic
ramips/mt7621
x86/64

??ar71xx/generic??

* Add targets to the firmware?
https://downloads.libremesh.org/releases/2020.1/targets/
we can add more target for the new release that will be soon?
sam: I would propose to keep ar71xx/generic targets like

     - ubnt-lbe-m5

     - ubnt-loco-m-xw

     - ubnt-nano-m-xw

     - ubnt-nano-m

ar71xx/generic will also be compiled

=======================================
     * upcoming release LibreMesh 2020.2

vorremmo compilarla ed esporre dal server da cui esponiamo ora:
https://downloads.libremesh.org/releases/
Il server non è aggiornato e non builda, quindi bisogna compilare in
locale e poi solo uploadarli.
Una volta che ci sono dalla Valsamoggia possiamo testare alcuni target
Poi facciamo annuncio ufficiale
https://github.com/libremesh/lime-packages/tags

Ilario creates a v2020.2 tag at the commit where G10h4ck created the
OpenWrt_19.07_compatible branch.

https://libremesh.org/development-kernel_vermagic.html

=======================================
     * News about Altermundi roadmap 2023 ?

We have no news, so we can write an email in list and personally to know
news.. (Cri)

=======================================

     * how to use the donations on OpenCollective (e.g. a compilation
server, or donation to Battlemesh) https://opencollective.com/libremesh

     Whishlist:
         - pay the travel to the battlemesh for some of
librerouter/altermundi (maybe next year or another event)
         - pay the travel for the travel to battlemesh for some people
of Antennine (maybe next year or another event)
         - pay the update of the server of downloads CodigoSur? Chiede Cri
         - buy some stickers LibreMesh YES
         - donation for the domain name? for the newsletter ?
         - email @libremesh.org?
         - hardware per testare il supporto?

=======================================
     * news about battlemesh
     This year there is not support for the travel
     C'è stata un acquisto economico di router per fare la rete di
Calafou, c'è il piano di usare Libremesh,
     plasmacloud pa1200, che hanno openwrt 22.03
quindi vorremmo arrivare al battlemesh con libremesh basato su openwrt22.03

     * next meetings dates
project meeting:

     During battlemesh, online and in real life , 13utc, 3rd day of the
vent -> 10 may

     Saturday the 3rd of June 2023 at 13:00 UTC (15:00 CEST, 9:00 ART).

technical meeting:

     Friday the 7th of April 2023 at 13:00 UTC (15:00 CEST, 9:00 ART).

Closing at 17:24 CEST