Re: [Tails-testers] Dino-im (XMPP) on Tails

Author: sajolida
To: Tails list for early testers, S0yF00d.Mult1t00ls, timo
Subject: Re: [Tails-testers] Dino-im (XMPP) on Tails
Hi!

Thanks a lot for reporting your findings and sorry for taking so long to
get back to you (holidays, travels, etc.)

フアン・レベデフ via Tails-testers:
> So far Dino Works Great on Tails followed the guide on the site under
> "Documentation".

So good to hear!

> Since backports aren't supported on 5.0 (bullseye) I
> believe (maybe wrong), I just installed through the Debian source list
> and skipped the `sudo sed -i 's/dino-im$/dino-im\/buster-backports/'
> /live/persistence/TailsData_unlocked/live-additional-software.conf` part
> on guide.

Sure. It seems like Timo's guide need some update to Tails 5.0.

@Timo: do you want to work on this?

I created https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/19104 to
track this, in case you're on GitLab.

> I think Dino should replace Pidgin and would do a good job rightfully
> so. The only thing of course would be to mount
> `/home/amnesia/.local/share/dino/avatars/` and
> `/home/amnesia/.local/share/dino/files/` to ramfs so the content will
> disappear each reboot.
>
> Lastly also noted I was testing and using Dino-im before 5.0 and
> installed using the guide and before I couldn't access my local PGP keys
> to use in Dino as it was not detecting them. However since installing on
> 5.0 this is no issue since I believe it was related to backports version
> or sand-boxing.

Nice!

--
sajolida