Re: [Hackmeeting] Call for papers

Author: brethil
To: hackmeeting
Subject: Re: [Hackmeeting] Call for papers
What follows is an english translation of the quoted message:

Hackmeeting is the yearly meeting of the Italian countercultures related
to hacking, communities which have a critical relationship with technology.

Our idea of hacking touches every aspect of our lives and it doesn't
stop at the digital realm: we believe in the use of knowledge and
technology to understand, modify and re-create what is around us.

Unfortunately reality is hard to read, hard to modify and interacting
with it is a hard task.

We want to take control.

It's not a vague idea, generic guidelines or aspiration, it's a
pragmatic organization effort based on solidarity, complicity and
sharing of knowledge, methods and tools to take back everything and take
it back together, one piece at a time.

If you think you can enrich the event with a contribution, send your
proposal joining the hackmeeting mailing list [address] or sending a
message to infohackit@??? with subject "[talk] title" or
"[laboratorio] lab_title" and this info:

      * Length (multiple of 30 minutes, max 2 hours)
      * (optional) day/time of the day requirements
      * Abstract, optional links and references
      * Nickname
      * Language
      * Projector
      * Can we record you? (audio only)
      * Anything else you might need

More concretely: we will set up three outdoor locations (indoor in case
of rain), with microphone/speakers and projector.
If you think your presentation will not need this much time, you can
propose something directly at hackmeeting: a "ten minute talk" of a
maximum of 10 minutes.
These talks will be held in the largest available space at the end of of
the day on Saturday. There will be someone who will warn you if you are
about to exceed the allocated time.

If you want to share your discoveries or curiosities in an even more
informal and chaotic way, you will be able to to get a place with your
hardware on the shared tables in the "LAN space". You will find morbid
curiosity, power and wired connection (bring a power strip, network
cables and whatever you might find useful).

Have any questions or you are shy? Write us at infohackit@???

Would you like to talk about something that hasn't yet been brought up?
Add it, along with your nick, to this pad:
https://pad.cisti.org/p/hackit-desiderata and/or send a mail to the
hackmeeting list and hope that somebody else wants to share their
knowledge and steps up.