Re: [Tails-dev] using tails on microsoft surface

Author: intrigeri
To: paul seßbrügger, tails-dev@boum.org, tails-bugs
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] using tails on microsoft surface
Hi,

paul seßbrügger (2021-09-07):
> I hope you’re all good. I’m a big fan of tails and appreciate what
> you guys doing.

Thanks, this is heart-warming!

> Unfortunately tails is not working on my Microsoft surface laptop. I red in reddit that more people have this problem,
> So I wanted to ask if you can help me with that or if I maybe just have to wait until you update tails to make it
> Accessable also for newer computers.

In general we don't have resources to add support ourselves for
specific computers, so we rely on work happening upstream and
in Debian.

However, if you find out what needs to be added/changed in Tails to
fix this, we can certainly check if it's feasible (for example, we
could add missing firmware).

> So in my case my mouse and keyboard is not reacting after rebooting.

In any case, it could be useful to other users to know this is to be
expected (via our known issues page). I'm putting you in touch with
our Help Desk, who will ask you more information we need for this to
happen, starting with… which Microsoft Surface laptop, exactly,
as I see there are plenty:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Surface#Surface_Laptop_line