Re: [Tails-dev] Can't connect through bridges

Author: sajolida
To: Felipe, The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Can't connect through bridges
Felipe via Tails-dev:
> Hello. I am having trouble to connect through tor using bridges,
> plugable transports or anything really. It only works if I choose to use
> tor without bridges.
>
> I use the bridges or plugable transports provided by torproject...
>
> The OS was running smoothly, though with an old version of December 2020.

Hi Felipe,

Thanks for sharing your findings! It helps us improve Tails.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Bridges only work fine if the clock of your computer has a correct time.
If you are East of London and have Windows installed on your computer,
bridges will most likely not work:

https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/15548

https://tails.boum.org/doc/anonymous_internet/tor/#index4h1

We are working on a fix for this issue in Tails 4.22 (September 7).

--
sajolida
Tails — https://tails.boum.org/