Re: [Tails-dev] How to build tails for testing purposes?

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Hans
À: The Tails public development discussion list, anonym
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] How to build tails for testing purposes?
Am Dienstag, 20. Juli 2021, 13:49:47 CEST schrieb anonym:

> In your previous email I see that you did some changes inside the tails
> folder without committing them to Git. Tails will only include changes that
> are in Git, and will refuse to build when you have uncommitted changes --
> the ignorechanges option is just for disabling that check (only recommended
> if you know what you are doing), and proceeds to build without those
> uncommitted changes.
>
> If you are not too familiar with Git, you can try this (at the root of your
> tails folder) to add all files to Git:
>
>      git add .
>      git commit -m "Did some stuff"

> And then just `rake build` as usual.
>
> Cheers!

Ok, I could do this. But does this not kill the original stuff? My purpose is,
to build my own tails version with XFCE and kali-undercover and without gnome.
Just to make it as small as possible.

If I commit my personal changes to git, as you requesting, then (please
correct me, if I am wrong) my changes will change the sources in github, what
is the last thing I want to do.

I still do not even know, if this, what I want to do, is really working. At
the moment I am trying things, step by step. And I want to be sure, these
things are only done on my own systems. This must be confirmed.

Best

Hans