Re: [Tails-dev] considering XFCE over Gnome

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: syster
À: tails-dev
Anciens-sujets: Re: [Tails-dev] Question: Tails in undercover mode?
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] considering XFCE over Gnome
(just to not cause any confusion to those reading: I'm not a Tails dev,
only an advanced user)

I always use old laptops, and Tails runs quite slow on them, and it's
annoying. On my travel laptop it's close to impossible to use it
actually. On the same laptop XFCE runs very smooth.

I'm using such old laptops for those reasons:
- I consider electronic waste a huge problem for the environment, so I
use devices others would through away
- I'm poor
- when being on a protest camp or similar, laptops are often very old so
that the economical damage police can cause by taking them away remains
small.

health considerations:
- those old laptops heat up much moore while using Tails, resulting in
evaporation of toxic gas, I think

If you're about to build XFCE Tails version, I'd be keen to become a
tester.

I would highly appreciate the existence of such a version. (as long as
my assumption is correct, that an XFCE version would run smoothly on old
laptops)

kind regards
syster