Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal: migrate our public chat rooms to a…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: tails-dev
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal: migrate our public chat rooms to another friendly XMPP server (#17956)
Hi,

boyska (2021-07-19):

> syster via Tails-dev:
>>The compliance tester says some XEP's that are recommended are missing.
>>Some of them might not bring a feature to a Tails user, while others
>>might. This is the test:
>>https://compliance.conversations.im/server/esiliati.org/
>
> The single part that bugs me the most is XEP-0313: MAM + MUC. This was
> among our requirements.

Our requirements indeed include "backlog without needing nerdy setup
like an IRC bouncer". When we wrote this, personally I was referring
to the same sort of limited backlog we have on Riseup currently.
I've just tested it and it works fine. (And when I created the rooms
I was asked how much backlog they should have.)

XEP-0313 is about a more advanced kind of backlog. I don't know which
clients support it (welcome to the highly flexible world of XMPP! ;)

Cheers!