Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal: migrate our public chat rooms to a…

Author: syster
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal: migrate our public chat rooms to another friendly XMPP server (#17956)
Hi,
here some consideration that might gone unnoticed:
The server that Tails is using for its official chat room, might become an entrance to xmpp for Tails user.
Choosing a server that gives new user a pleasant experience should be preferred over a server that does not.

The compliance tester says some XEP's that are recommended are missing. Some of them might not bring a feature to a Tails user, while others might. This is the test:
https://compliance.conversations.im/server/esiliati.org/

A server that offers a landing page in multiple languages would be great too.

I suggest to ask for feedback in chat@??? (xmpp room), as the xmpp community should have more experience on matter regarding xmpp and should be happy to help out.

If it is assumed that the server that hosts Tails official chat room will not be an entrance to xmpp for (new) Tails user, then the mentioned considerations can be ignored.

kind regards,
syster.