Re: [Tails-testers] Testing 4.19~rc1

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: boyska
À: tails-testers
Sujet: Re: [Tails-testers] Testing 4.19~rc1
Iyán Méndez Veiga:
>First of all, thanks a lot for all the work done for this new release. I did a
>quick test and I found these two "issues".

thank you for your tests!

>1. In the Tor Connection app, it is not possible to go back. For example, if I
>select "Hide to my local network that I'm using Tor (safer)" option, but then
>I go back because I changed my mind (or because I don't know a bridge
>address), the option "Configure Tor automatically (easier)" is grayed out and
>cannot be selected. The solution is to close the window and open it again. I
>would expect this to work simply by clicking back.

I cannot reproduce this. Would you confirm that what you do is:
- connect to a network
- TCA open
- you select "Hide to my local network..."
- you click on "Connect to Tor"
- you click on "Back"
- now you cannot click on "Configure Tor automatically"

?

If so, I'd ask you if you could provide us some logs:
- open Terminal
- run this command:
sudo journalctl -t tca > tca-logs.txt
- from the top panel, open Places → Home
- you'll find a file named tca-logs.txt right there. please send it (or
its contents) to us!

>2. Now we are connected (by wired) and I disabled wired connection. When I
>enable the connection again, the Tor Connection window pops up (as expected).
>However, connection is already stablished. This can be checked by keeping Tor
>Browser and refreshing some web or visiting a new one. I assume previous
>configuration is used (although I didn't check this carefully). I would expect
>that connection is stopped until configuration is finished again, giving the
>option to the user of changing the type of Tor access or even the Tor bridge.

thanks for reporting!
if you're curious about development, we're tracking this in
https://gitlab.tails.boum.org/tails/tails/-/issues/18336

--
boyska