Re: [Tails-testers] Testing 4.19~rc1

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: boyska
À: tails-testers
Sujet: Re: [Tails-testers] Testing 4.19~rc1
Iyán Méndez Veiga:
>First of all, thanks a lot for all the work done for this new release. I did a
>quick test and I found these two "issues".

thank you for taking time to test it :)

>1. In the Tor Connection app, it is not possible to go back. For example, if I
>select "Hide to my local network that I'm using Tor (safer)" option, but then
>I go back because I changed my mind (or because I don't know a bridge
>address), the option "Configure Tor automatically (easier)" is grayed out and
>cannot be selected. The solution is to close the window and open it again. I
>would expect this to work simply by clicking back.

interesting report. this should not happen, and I cannot reproduce it.
Here is a screencast of what I do:
https://cicles.cisti.org/v/NcVWaSkDaO/Q2uuRLDNWIbhS4i6
which seems to be working. maybe you are doing something else that
triggers the bug? do you do anything different from what you see in the
video?

>2. Now we are connected (by wired) and I disabled wired connection. When I
>enable the connection again, the Tor Connection window pops up (as expected).
>However, connection is already stablished. This can be checked by keeping Tor
>Browser and refreshing some web or visiting a new one. I assume previous
>configuration is used (although I didn't check this carefully). I would expect
>that connection is stopped until configuration is finished again, giving the
>option to the user of changing the type of Tor access or even the Tor bridge.

The behaviour you are seeing is how we designed it. but your suggestion
is valuable for future re-designs of the network connection workflow.

--
boyska