Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal: use the "Reviewer" field in GitLab…

Author: Sandro Knauß
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Proposal: use the "Reviewer" field in GitLab MRs
Hi,

I like the request.

But there is issue - users need more privileges to set the reviewer field. That
happens for me, that I cannot set the reviewer for MR at the puppet-tails
repo. So I need to ping a sysadmin to set themselves as reviewer (as part of
the translation plattfom work is done in the puppet-tails repo). This bug
stops using the "Reviewer" feature for those MR ;) But properly this
permission to set/change the reviewer field cannot set individually.

For most cases that is not an issue - As a random user creates a MR with no
reivewer assigned and one of the group explictitly picks that MR to review it.
The group members has enough privileges to set the reviewer field.

hefee